Strive for Balance
The more we appreciate and balance differences between ourselves and our stakeholders, the more resilient we can be.
STRIVE FOR BALANCE is used several times in Great Idea! And… For example, it encourages balancing your energy with your stakeholders’. It is also used to explain how to balance useful idea-sharing methods such as advocacy / inquiry and content / process. Here is one example of how STRIVE FOR BALANCE can be helpful.
If you were to compare your preferences with your stakeholder’s, how would you match up?>
- Do you prefer to wear bright colors while he prefers neutrals?
- Do you tend to listen before offering an opinion and she prefers to talk things through out loud?
- Which of you is more skilled at project management, brainstorming, or data analysis?
- What is the ideal balance between your preferences?
- How might you need to adapt?
Get a sample worksheet that can help you apply this best practice.